Okay, you guys asked and I’m here to deliver! Here is an all-things makeup post. In this post, I talk about products I’ve used for years as well as products I’ve recently added into my daily routine. It’s important to note that I am in NO WAY a makeup artist, nor do I always buy/use the best of the best products out there. I either buy makeup products on a whim, or because I saw someone else using them. I also only ever go for a ‘natural’ look, so none of these products are crazy, in-your-face bright or obnoxious. That’s just how I personally like to look! Without further ado, keep scrolling to see my makeup routine from primer to setting spray, and everything in between!
This site contains affiliate links to products. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
- Starting with clean skin, I first apply my favorite primer I’ve ever used! This hydrating primer feels so light on the skin and actually adds hydration, making my makeup look soft and dewy all day. I will admit that many days I don’t even wear a primer, but when I’m feeling a little “extra”, I’ll use this primer as a base for my makeup!
- Next up, I add some form of foundation — whether that be a foundation serum, a BB or CC cream, or a light-coverage foundation. I can honestly say I haven’t owned a full-coverage foundation in YEARRRSSSS. I can’t stand thick, heavy makeup. These three foundations are in my constant rotation. The Rimmel Lasting Finish 25HR Foundation (Light Nude) is what I use when I actually care how my makeup looks. The e.l.f. Foundation Serum (Fair/Light) has been my go-to for a few years now. It’s so light, applies nicely and evens my skin tone without the heaviness of a ‘real’ foundation. I recently bought the Sugar Rush Skin Treat (Light/Medium) for a few trips where I had a fake tan on, and I love it. It’s the consistency of sunscreen and I usually apply it with just my hands. The lightest shade in-store was still too dark for me, so that’s why I only wear it when I have a fake tan on, or am actually tan from the sun, LOL.
- After foundation, I add concealer to my under-eye only (or to any blemishes I might have at the time). I’ve never been one to add foundation to my forehead, chin, or bridge of my nose. I’m a big fan of these three concealers for no particular reason other than they just work: ColourPop (Light 10), Milani Conceal + Perfect (Light Vanilla), e.l.f. HD Lifting Concealer (Fair). I would say they’re light-medium coverage and don’t feel ‘cakey’ on (*cough, cough… Tarte shape tape*). They are all drugstore, affordable and each vary in color slightly, so I’ll grab one over the other depending on my skin shade at the time.
- After my wet makeup is applied, I either apply my Milk Makeup stick bronzer (Baked) first, or I’ll skip it entirely and go straight for the powder products. I mix up my bronzer routine all the time; the Milk Makeup and Kylie Cosmetics bronzers (Khaki) are just my favorite lately. After applying bronzer to my cheekbones, tip of my nose, and top of my forehead, I’ll add the Covergirl Trublend (2 Translucent Light) powder to under my eyes, chin, and middle of my forehead. Then I take my Tarte blush (Exposed) and add that to the apples of my cheeks. To finish off my face, I’ll use the Essence Pure Nude Highlighter on the bridge of my nose, at the top of my cheek bones to add a nice glow.
- Next up, eyes! I keep my eyes really simple because I feel as though I look like a crazy person when I have too much eye makeup on. I first apply this Maybelline nude-shade on my entire eyelid. Then, I use the color “strip poker” from the Too Faced Natural Eyes palette in the crease of my eye. Using a eyeliner brush, I apply the color “sexpresso” as an eyeliner — creating a thin line at the top of my lash line. After the eyeshadow, I use my new favorite mascara, Milani Highly Rated, on both my top and bottom lashes. I’ve used a million different mascaras, but this one by Milani has been my all time favorite lately!
- After eyes, I’ll brush my eyebrows up with a CLEAN mascara wand (aka, spooly). No, I don’t put anything in/on/over my eyebrows. All I do is brush them! Once my face is nearly complete, I’ll go in with either of these setting sprays. Like primer, I don’t always set my face with a setting spray. I’ll only do this if I know I have a long day ahead of me. I like the Milani Make It Last setting spray for when my makeup needs to stay put, otherwise I’ll reach for the Mario Badescu Rosewater for a dewy finish.
- Lastly, lips. Typically, I throw some chapstick on and head out the door, but for the purpose of this post I wanted to share my favorite lip color I use on occasion. The Lancome Shine Lipstick (Kiss Smile Shine) applies more like a tinted chapstick rather than an actual lipstick and that’s why I love it. It’s a nice sheer, pink/nude that’s the perfect finisher for my “natural” makeup look!
Ta-da! Here is the finished look!
Again, I’m no makeup artist… I’ve just found what works for my face/what I like and I roll with it! All of the products I used are linked below! Thanks for reading, happy Wednesday!